Lambert's Cafe Sued After Patron Injured
1) What evidence is used in this article to convince you of truth? What is the role of evidence in the justice system? What number would convince you that the defendant deserves the money? That the restaurant deserves exoneration?
2) In what ways might the injured woman's doctor feel differently about this report than a waiter at Lambert's? The same?
3) What connection is there between this story and attending an athletic event? What is the connection to math/physics?
4) What if the injury had been more serious? What if you found out that this person has sued 10 other companies? What if you found out Lambert's has paid in the past? How might Miranda Lambert capitalize on this news story?
5) Why is this significant? What are the long term consequences of this story? Short term?
1) Students can research the layout of the building and develop a "Code of Best Practices in Throwed Rolls" for future hires at Lambert's including recommended height and angles of throws.
2) Students can research frivolous lawsuits from the past and identify the impact to business. They can then identify potential threats to a local business and provide suggestions for mitigation.
AoK: Human Sciences, Mathematics