Ump Stops Game to Throw out Unruly Fan
1) What numbers are used in this article as evidence? What evidence would a judge need to determine if the umpire acted accordingly?
2) Whose perspective is left out of this article? Why might the owner of the team feel differently than the child of the umpire?
3) To what degree is this connected to education? Economics?
4) In what ways would this story be different if it happened during an Olympic event?
5) What are the short term consequences of this ejection? To whom might this be most significant?
1) Students can create a continuum of fan behavior from the positive to the negative.
2) Students can research the history of booing or cheering from a cultural perspective and write a small guide of do's and don't's for first-time visitors.