Chili Peppers Linked to Longevity
(AP Photo/Dean Fosdick)
1) How do I know what is true in science? What evidence in the article is most useful to convince a family member to start eating more peppers? How do we know about antioxidants?
2) In what ways might a Mexican citizen feel differently about this than a Russian? Why might a child feel differently than an adult?
3) In what ways is this story connected to math? Geography? How might an internet company use this information?
4) How might this be different if Texans were used instead of Chinese citizens for this study? In what ways is this connected to religion or ethics?
5) Is this important to you? To whom might this story be most important? What are the long term effects of people living 10 years longer than the average person lives now?
1) Students can research average life span and develop math problems associated with its logarithmic growth over time and chart their findings in unique ways.
2) Students can research the ways in which people have tried to increase life span in the past both naturally and chemically and then create an ad for a past or future products.
AoK: Human Sciences
WoK: Reason, Perception
Post a Comment