Kirksville substitute teacher scolds doctor, wife for daughter’s lunch which included marshmallows, pickles
1) What evidence is most convincing in configuring a healthy lifestyle? What is the best way to determine thee truth in this story? In what ways do we have access to that info? What word used in the note is most convincing? In the parents' post?
2) Why might a grandmother feel differently about this issue than a parent? Why might Michelle Obama think differently than this doctor? What are their motivations?
3) In what ways is this connected to politics? In what ways is this issue connected to psychology? Math?
4) What if it was the regular teacher that wrote the note? What if he'a doctor of nutrition? Pediatrician? Dentist?
5) In what ways is this relevant? What are the long-term effects of this note on the district? The children?
1) Students can develop a healthy diet using only processed/fast/junk foods.
2) Students can research the limits of parenting philosophies as they relate to the well-being of children through recent examples.