Six Flags Qiddiya unveils plans for world’s longest, fastest and tallest roller coaster
1. In what ways are numbers used in this article? How might one's knowledge of engineering limit or create apprehension for wanting to ride this roller coaster?
2. To what degree does the location matter for this story? Why might a teenager in Saudi Arabia fell differently about this than a person in Mexico?
3. In what ways is this connected to environmental sciences? How might we connect this to the last book you read?
4. What would you do if you won tickets to be the first person to ride this roller coaster? What factors change in order for records like this to be broken?
5. What might be the long-term effects of building this roller coaster? Is there something more important I should be considering in this story?
1) Students can compare previous record-breaking roller coasters and present their findings in a visually appealing way?
2) Students can design their own dream roller coaster and present their findings to the class.
Post a Comment