Stolen Copy of World's Most Expensive Painting Is Found
1) What numbers are used in the article as evidence of authenticity? How is evidence used in art to determine authenticity?
2) Whose perspective is represented in this story? Whose perspective is left out? Why might an Italian feel differently about this than a Brit?
3) In what way is this connected to science? In what way is this connected to the last movie you saw?
4) How might this have been different if it happened one year from now? In what ways might this situation have been resolved quicker?
5) How is this significant for students? In what ways might this be significant for Italy?
1) Students can research famous art heists and rank them on a scale of significance.
2) Students can research the most valuable pieces of art and plot the figures on a chart where they get to choose the x and y axis labels.