Teen Upset With Vacation Spot
(Wikimedia Commons/By P199)
1) What evidence would help the teen prove her point? What evidence would help the police convince the teen that her use of 911 was inappropriate?
2) Whose perspective is represented in this story? Whose is left out? In what ways might your perspective be different than your teacher's about this story?
3) To what degree is this connected to math? Geography?
4) How might this have been different if it occurred in the U.S.? About Disneyland? If the young woman was 9? 19?
5) To whom might this be significant? What are the short term effects of this? Long? What are the basic assumptions about emergency management services? Teenagers?
1) Students can research vacation spots and write a series of diary entries from the perspective of a disgruntled teenager to describe the major features and landmarks of thee location.
2) Students can research emergency management and create a frequency spectrum of likely scenarios and responses based on statistical information available for your hometown.
AoK: Human Sciences, Ethics
WoK: Imagination, Language
Post a Comment