1) What should determine the price of a photograph? In what ways is photography like painting? How is dissimilar? Why are some artists' works more vlauable than others? Why would someone pay millions of dollars for art? Is the photographer lucky?
2) How might a Native American view this story differently than a relative of Ansel Adams? How might a poor person view this differently than a wealthy person?
3) How is this related to mathematics? What recent character from a book you've read would be most upset upon hearing this news?
4) What is this was in color? What if we found out it was photoshopped? What if a computer program created the photo?
5) Is art important to survival? What's your favorite form of art?
1) Students will research the development of photography (camera obscura, Daguerre type, etc) and predict future trends.
2) Students will research the most expensive works of art in a variety of media and evaluate the reasons for their prices.