Animals Run Through the Streets in One of America's Largest Cities
1) In what ways are tweets better evidence of current events than traditional media? What is the relationship between truth and the number of followers a social media user has?
2) In what ways might an animal rights activist view this positively? A hunter? Why might a police officer feel differently about this than a 9 year old?
3) In what ways is this connected sports? How might this be connected to your daily commute to school? In which class would this story be most appropriate to study?
4) How might this have been different if elephants had escaped? Lions? What might happen if circuses were banned?
5) What are some basic assumptions about circuses? zoos? Farms? What might be the long-term consequences of this situation?
1) Students can research the claims made in the film "Blackfish" about the treatment of orcas and write a defense of animal-focused attractions.
2) Students can write a new section of the driver's handbook to include appropriate actions when wild animals are running through the streets.
AoK: Human Sciences