Customer Left Note that said "Tips are For Normal Looking People"
1) How do we know what is true in this article? What evidence is useful in determining the "unspoken rules" for tipping?
2) Whose perspective is being represented in this article? Whose perspective is not represented in this article? Why might a teenager feel differently about this than a senior citizen?
3) In what ways is this connected to math? Technology? Traveling?
4) How might have this situation been different if the employee was a man? If it happened in a Red Lobster?
5) To whom is this significant? What are the basic assumptions about tipping in your culture? Customer service?
1) Students can research the history of tipping in America and provide a list of situations that require tipping and calculate percentages for "excellent customer service".
2) Students can research tipping culture in other countries and write a guide to tipping for a country of their choice.
WoK: Language, Perception
Post a Comment