Watches 94 Hours of TV in One Sitting
1) What evidence is used to prove records? How might the the Guinness Book of Records have become the authority on world records? Would yo have chosen these rules to enforce? Anything you would add or clarify?
2) Why might an executive at Netflix be interested in this story? Why might the record holder's mother have a different opinion on this record than his girlfriend's mother?
3) In what ways is this connected to psychology? Biology? In what ways is this story connected to other famous world records?
4) To what degree would this story be different if the content the group watched had been decided by popular vote? How would the story be different if the participants were from another demographic category?
5) What are some basic assumptions about binge-watching? About "screen-time"? In what ways does this story affect you?
1) Students can research world records and make a plan to break a record of their choice?
2) Student can research the current APA guidelines for children and "screen-time" and create a plan for children of different generations.
AoK: Human Sciences