Should Celebrities Appear for Leaders Known for Oppression and Brutality?
1) What evidence would sway your opinion one way or the other? Does the amount of money make a difference?
2) In what capacities might Beyonce think about this differently than Nicki? Your sibling and the daughter of Dos Santos?
3) In what ways is this connected to sports? To Martin Skrelli and Bernie Sanders? Schindler's List?
4) Would you change your mind if you found out people in the country with your religious beliefs were being persecuted? Hair color? About North Korea? Germany in 1942? Mongolia in 1210?
5) To what degree does this affect you? What is the short term consequence? What are the underlying assumptions about pop stars that affect this story?
1) Students can chart the responses of their classmates and teachers on the amount of money they would take to perform in a similar situation and analyze their results.
2) Students can write a series of 5 tweets to Nicki Minaj supporting or protesting her decision and predict the outcome of a fictitious back-and-forth with an online opponent.
Post a Comment