Facebook’s New Logo: Can You Spot the Difference?
Article by Deepa Seetharaman
1) What evidence would convince you that this is a "huge change"? What are the underlying assumptions of graphic artists?
2) Why might Mark Zuckerberg's employees feel differently than your cousin about this change? Why might an investor feel differently than your classmate?
3) In what ways is this connected to technology? How is this connected to a geography? Why might you study this in health class?
4) What if this typeface is proven to be plagiarized? How would this story be different if the creator was Mark Zuckerberg himself?
5) Is this important to you? If not, to whom is it important? Can someone ethically design a logo for a company that sells your data to other companies?
1) Students can research examples of re-branding through logo changes of an individual company or an industry and predict how a future logo would look in the future.
2) Students can research typeface and fonts focusing on best practices and defend the much-aligned Comic-Sans on what they've learned.
AOK: The Arts
WOK: Intuition, Language