Canadians now have shorter attention span than goldfish thanks to portable devices: Microsoft study
(AP Photo/Peter Ponzio)
1) What evidence is convincing in this article? What might be the limits to surveying different populations?
2) Why might a Canadian view this differently than a Moldovan? In what ways would a CEO and a worker have similar views on this issue?
3) How is this connected to the school day? In what ways is this a science issue rather than a moral?
4) In what ways would this study be different with a smaller sample size? What if t was sponsored by Apple? By the National Education Association? By Wal Mart?
5) What is the significance of this study on new parents? For future generations?
1) Students can create a time log of their online and mobile activities. Students can analyze their collected data and develop a plan of action associated with their attention and multi-tasking goals.
2) Students can study the Stanford Marshmallow Test and identify the characteristics they feel are necessary for improvement in this area on a personal or societal level.