Ratchet Boots Make Walking 7% Easier
(Carnegie Mellon University College of Engineering)
1) What are the main components of the prosthetic? How do you know? What is the best way to test the device for widespread use? What evidence would be most compelling in convincing your gym teacher that these should be used in class?
2) Why might an athlete view this differently than a military veteran? In what ways might someone from the 1800's view this differently than someone from today?
3) To what degree is this related to history more than art? How is this connected to religion?
4) Is there a reason these should be banned? What would happen if we had similar devices for all limbs? What might happen if they were only for children?
5) In what ways would you benefit from this device? Who might benefit the most? What are the long-term effects of this device on people and then society?
1) Students create a chart of the most beneficial "wearable tech" (glasses, shoes, watches, Google Glass, etc.) and rank them according to intrusiveness.
2) Students can write a day in the life of a teenager who lives in a world that has adopted mandatory use of these devices.
Post a Comment